We are looking for experienced Executive chefs to oversee the kitchen staff, food preparation and cooking activities, plan and write menus for an exploration camp in a remote area of Northern Canada.
- Plan and develop menus for lunch and dinner
- Ordering groceries
- Ensure food meets quality standards
- Use financial management skills for budgetary, cost control and inventory control
- Prepare and cook meals and specialty foods
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Supervise, schedule kitchen staff
- Red Seal, Certified Chef de Cuisine designation or Culinary Arts Diploma required
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Chef, Catering Manager or equivalent preferably in a remote camp environment
- Technical knowledge: Valid Food Safe and WHMIS Certificates
- Financial management skills such as basic accounting and budget calculations
- Must be bondable
- Solid problem solving, organization and communication skills
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office
Primarily remote camp location throughout Northern Canada with 10-12 hour work day on a 4 week in, 2 week out rotational schedule.